Origin and Parts of a Cufflink
ORIGIN OF CUFFLINKS
During the seventeen hundred, men thought of ways to fashionably fasten their sleeves together. Ribbons and ties were too fancy that men began soldering small buttons from two pieces of silver and gold with an attaching thin chain, hence the creation of cufflink.
When the Industrial Revolution came, cufflinks were painted and studded with jewelry and the chains were replaced with rods and easy-to-close fasteners. Fast forward to the 21st century, cufflinks already come in diverse design and materials - metals, precious stones and fabrics, carving a niche in the fashion industry.
PARTS OF A CUFFLINK
WHY WEAR CUFFLINKS?
- Makes one looks classy at formal events.
- Adds style to an ordinary work wear.
- Clearly defines a style statement.
- Cufflinks give the attire the best look.
- Shirts without cufflinks are like cake without icing.
- One of the three main accessories men should wear (watches, wedding ring -if they are married- and a pair of cufflinks).
So, allow us to help you match cufflinks with our style tips and rock that outfit in any occasion.